TOTPRadius : migrating from previous versions using full backup and restore functions
This option allows taking a full backup of the appliance, including users, hardware tokens, configuration, certificate and license* files. The backup can be restored on the TOTPRadius versions starting from 0.2.7. Administrative credentials, web access (username: admin) or ssh access (username: totpradius), are not included in this backup.
The function is located on the Export/Import page under Backup and Restore tab.
The file generated by "Download full backup" button will have t2bckp extension and will contain all settings, certificates, users and hardware tokens tables and is ready to fully migrate between appliances.
Migrating from previous versions
The full backup feature is introduced in version 0.2.7, however, we also prepared a patch that allows generating and downloading the full backup file from older versions. The steps are as shown below:
- Upload backup.php to /var/www/html/admin/ via SSH/SFTP (you can use WinSCP, FileZilla or any other client supporting SFTP)
- Navigate to http(s)://FQDN_OR_IP/admin/backup.php and click on "Download backup" button
- This will download a file with .t2bckp extension which you can use to restore the configuration on newer versions of TOTPRadius (>0.2.7)
The patch can be downloaded here.
- FIDO Security keys registrations (for versions older than 0.2.8)
- FIDO Security keys-based VPN sessions
- Oauth2 associations and sessions
- Slave appliance details
- Installation and initial configuration
- Network configuration
- Migrating from older versions
- LDAP Configuration
- Azure AD Configuration
- Self-service enrollment portal
- Web and LDAPS Certificates
- Syslog configuration
- Single-factor authentication exceptions
- Slave appliance mode
- Dynamic RADIUS Attributes
Top myths about FIDO2 security keys and Passwordless access
We have been getting quite a lot of questions about the security level of FIDO keys, in the light of some recent news and research papers covering potential vulnerabilities of both the protocol stack itself and the hardware of certain implementations.
molto2.py - Molto2 USB Config tool
molto2.py is a solution developed by Token2 to program and configure the Molto2v2 TOTP hardware tokens using pyscard python library. It works under Linux, macOS and Windows.
Introducing Passwordless Login for Our Website!
At Token2, we are always looking for ways to improve the user experience and make it as convenient and secure as possible. That's why we are excited to announce the addition of a passwordless login option for our website.